Showbox App Download Updated Guide 2019: Windows/Android
If you’re a lover of online streaming and downloading, then you must have heard about Showbox. Showbox is a popular Android app that helps users watch and download their favorite movies online.
- It is ranked as one of the most popular free movie streaming apps. Movies, Shows, Series, documentaries, music videos; Showbox lets you watch all these anywhere, anytime.
- All that users will need is to have some good internet connection. Once you download the Showbox App on your Android device, you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies free!
- The only downside to Showbox is perhaps the fact that you can’t download it from Google’s Play Store. You have to get it from a third party site.
- This, however, shouldn’t be a problem, there are reputable, safe 3rd party sites you can successfully download the Showbox App.
- You can download the app from the official Showbox Website.
- Download the latest Showbox App version for 2019 and enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies of all genres.
- Most Android users use the Showbox 5.22 version.
- In this guide, we’ll give you tips on how you can download the latest Showbox 5.24 version for a more enjoyable movie watching and downloading experience.
- Does your device run on Android 4.0 and above? Then you’re eligible for the Showbox app.
- All that you need is to connect your device to WIFI and ensure that the internet is fast. It takes about 10 seconds to download the 39.1MB Showbox APK file.
How to Download Showbox on Android?
Here’s a step by step guide on how to download Showbox on your Android device
Showbox is not readily available on your android device’s Play Store. Thus, you’ll have to adjust your settings/ seek for permission from your device to download the App.
Go to Settings>Security>Unknown Sources. Turn ON the UNKNOWN SOURCES option so your device can download the app from an unknown source.
- Once the UNKNOWN SOURCES option is on, visit the Showbox official Download site and start downloading the app. You can also download the app from the Showbox app for Android users.
- Once you’ve started the download process, sit back and monitor the progress on your device’s notifications bar.
- A complete download is indicated via a notification saying; Download complete. Now, you’re almost there!
- The App will ask for permission to initiate the installation process; accept by tapping the LAUNCH/ INSTALL button.
- Some versions of Showbox will have a pop-up message saying “Showbox is trying to access your GPS location.
- Tap on the ALLOW button and the Showbox app is now successfully installed on your android device!
- Depending on the link you’ve used to download the app, you may get a prompt to UPDATE Showbox to the latest version.
- Update your Showbox version, and you’ll be directed to the Apps homepage.
- You can now watch and explore a plethora of TV shows, movies, all listed down in a grid mode.
- The Showbox app lets you select a movie based on its genre and year of release.
- To the left-hand side of the App’s Homepage, you’ll see all the options you need to explore and enjoy your favorite content; TV Shows, Movies, Trailers, News, Updates, Downloads, etc.
Showbox Features: Get Unlimited Stream
There are great features that make Showbox such a fantastic app to have in your android device. These features include;
- Free; downloading, installing, and using Showbox is free. No hidden fees whatsoever.
- Unlimited TV Shows, Movies; Showbox offers you unlimited access to your favorite videos and TV shows, Series, and much more. Watch your favorite content on your device anywhere, at any time.
- Streaming content offline; The Showbox app has an inbuilt video downloader. You can download videos from online servers and watch them later without an internet connection.
- Movies available in HD; the app allows you to watch Shows and movies in high definition/ HD. This includes resolutions of 480p and 720p.
- You get automatic updates; Showbox automatically updates itself, from the latest movies and Shows to most recent versions of the app. This gives the user a fantastic content experience.
- User-Friendly Interface; last and not least, you’ll notice that Showbox has a smooth, user-friendly interface. Downloading, installing, and watching content is all easy and straightforward.
Bugs and Fixes:
Just like any other new app, there are times you may experience hitches when using Showbox. Below, we have indicated some of the most common Showbox errors and how to fix them;
Showbox not working:
If this error shows on the app’s homepage, try turning off your Wi-Fi connection. Next, go to Settings>App Manager. Select the Showbox App, and you’ll see an option for ‘clear cache/Clear Data. Click on this option and wait for the device to clear the cache. Turn on the WIFI connection once you’re through and try opening Showbox. It should open and run smoothly this time.
Showbox Video Not Available:
This is another common problem with Showbox users. The error is often accompanied with a ‘Try Another Server.’ Don’t freak out, consider getting a VPN on your device. Once you’ve gotten a good VPN that runs well on your Android device, go to Settings>Apps>Showbox>ClearCache and Data>Click Yes. Turn the WIFI OFF, then ON; Showbox videos should load normally.
Showbox Server error:
NB: remember we mentioned that Showbox has to be downloaded via 3rd party sites, hence need for permission for UNKNOWN SOURCES from your device? As such, always preinstall your Showbox app from the Downloads (Found in FILE MANAGER). With other apps, you’d have to go to the Play Store for a quick pre-download and pre-installation.
Is it Legal? – Our Take
Is Showbox app legal, do I infringe on copyright laws when I use the app to stream and download content online? Well, this is a pertinent question many users ask themselves before downloading the app.
Here’s what you need to know about the legal aspect of using Showbox;
1st school of thought:
- The legality of Showbox varies, depending on who you’re speaking to.
- Some experts say that the app is entirely legal and that Showbox requests for permission from Movie/Content owners before featuring it.
- This is plausible; movie apps are increasingly streaming and offering more free content; an indication of close liaison with content owners.
- Millions of Android users across the world use Showbox to watch and download their favorite movies; no one has been charged or singled out for copyright infringement.
2nd school of thought
- There’s nothing really like a free lunch. Showbox is not a legitimate app for it streams content without explicit permission from content creators.
- The fact that the app is not available on Google’s Play Store is a reminder that Showbox doesn’t adhere to the rules of copyright.
- Some 3rd party sites are neither safe nor secure; you risk getting your Android device infected with Viruses and malicious wares.
Every developer expects to reap back something from their apps. Showbox is free, no subscription fee or hidden costs. How is this possible?
Showbox earns from the ads you see when watching and downloading content. Thus, every ad you see on Showbox app during use helps the developer earn revenue. It may seem like a small amount, but cumulatively over millions of users worldwide, the total can be huge.
It could be even that Showbox enters into a form of agreement with content makers and distributors regarding revenue sharing. Showbox is arguably one of the most popular free movie downloading apps for android users. In 2019, the world of online entertainment is expected to expand and offer more thrilling diverse content.
Download the latest version of Showbox app today and catch all the action as and when you need it.